Q. Why is braid better, better?
- Our plant-based braiding hair is non-toxic, biodegradable, and made with only safe ingredients.
Q. What is braid better made out of?
- We use extracted banana fiber. View the list of additional ingredients here.
Q. Will you add more colors?
- Yes, we formulate the unique colorways ourselves and would love to know what colors you want to see next. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your input.
- Yes, we have several other plant-based fibers in development that offer different textures.
Using box braids as an example, we recommend ordering 10-12 for small, 7-9 for medium, and 5-7 for large
Q. How do I care for braid better?
- Gently pull the hair apart and install it as usual.
Q. Can I apply heat to braid better?
- Yes, our plant-based braiding hair is safe to heat and curl up to 400 degrees.
Q. Can I put water on braid better?
- Partially, to seal the ends, but please refrain from completely submerging your hair.
Q. Can I burn the ends of braid better?
- No, we do not recommend burning the ends because the hair is made of a natural fiber and not plastic.
Q. How long can I wear braid better?
- Similar to plastic synthetic hair, braid better can be worn for up to 6 weeks.
Q. What if I am allergic to bananas?
- We recommend consulting with your doctor about prior to wearing braid better.
Q. Can I recycle braid better?
- No, our plant-based braiding hair is biodegradable and does not need to be recycled. Please see the diagram below for detailed information on how to sustainably dispose of braid better.
Q. What does biodegradable mean, and how do I compost?
- Biodegradable refers to products capable of breaking down, given the right conditions and presence of microorganisms, fungi, or bacteria, that return to their natural or earthly elements. Once you're done with your braid better hair, you can compost it where it will decompose naturally. Please see the diagram below for further instructions.
Q. What does it mean to Rebundle?
- Rebundling refers to sustainably disposing of plastic synthetic hair by recycling after taking your braids* down.
(*for the purposes of this definition, "braids" is used to encompass all plastic synthetic hair)
Q. How do I recycle my plastic synthetic hair?
- Please see the diagram below for detailed information on recycling and sign up for here.
Q. What do you do with the hair once I mail it to you?
- We work with partners to repurpose your plastic synthetic hair into things like outdoor furniture and tools. If you would like to become a partner, email us at email@example.com.
Q. What kind of synthetic hair can I recycle?
- We accept all brands, colors, and lengths of plastic synthetic hair as long as it is not on a weft. We do not recycle our plant-based braiding hair either.
Shipping and Returns
Q. When will I receive my order?
- In order to reduce our carbon footprint, we are only accepting pre-orders at this time. Pre-ordered items are not available to ship at the time of purchase. Shipping timelines on pre-orders are detailed in the product description, as well as in your confirmation email.
- Should anything change as a result of COVID-19, details regarding delays will be communicated via email.
Q. Can I cancel my order?
- All sales are final. We're sure that you will love braid better once you receive it, but please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
Q. Do you accept returns?
- We are not currently accepting returns; however, if a mistake is made on our end, we will resend your order or refund you.
Q. Do you offer international shipping?
- At this time, we only ship to customers in the United States. If you would like us to expand to your country, please email us at email@example.com.
Media and Press
Q. I am blogger, Youtuber, or influencer; can I review your products?
- We'd love to work with you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org