Q. Why braid better?
- Our plant-based braiding hair is non-toxic, biodegradable, and made with only safe ingredients.
Q. What is braid better made out of?
- We use extracted banana fiber. See the list of ingredients in the product description.
Q. Will more colors become available?
- Yes, we formulate the unique colorways ourselves and would love to know what colors you want to see next. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your input.
Q. Why is braid better approximately 28 inches?
- Our plant-based braiding hair is made from naturally extracted banana fiber that is cut by hand, so you may notice slight variations in length.
Q. How much hair should I order?
- One bundle of braid better is equivalent to one pack of hair and weighs 3.5oz compared to 2.5-3oz of a standard pack of Kanekalon, so you're getting more hair with braid better. Using box braids as an example, we recommend ordering 4-6 for small, 6-8 for medium, and 8-10 for large depending on the thickness of your hair.
Q. I braid my own hair. Will I be able to install braid better by myself?
- Absolutely! We know that COVID-19 has allowed many women to become self-taught braiders. See the care instructions in the product description for best practices.
Q. Can I apply heat to braid better?
- Yes, our plant-based braiding hair is safe to heat and curl up to 400 degrees, but do not use a lighter to burn.
Q. How do I seal the ends of braid better?
- You can seal the hair by dipping the ends into hot water or tying them with rubber bands.
Q. Can I burn the ends of braid better?
- Do not burn braid better plant-based braiding hair. The natural fiber does not contain harmful chemicals like flame retardants and will not melt like plastic when enflamed.
Q. How long can I wear braid better?
- braid better can be worn up to 6 weeks.
Q. What if I am allergic to bananas or any of the listed ingredients?
- We recommend consulting with your doctor before ordering braid better.
Q. Can I recycle braid better?
- Our plant-based braiding hair is biodegradable and does not need to be recycled.
Q. What does biodegradable mean?
- Biodegradable refers to products capable of breaking down, given the right conditions and presence of microorganisms, fungi, or bacteria, that return to their natural or earthly elements.
Q. How do I sustainably dispose of braid better?
- Braid better is biodegradable and can be composted.
Q. What does compost mean, and how do I compost braid better?
- Compost is a mixture of decayed organic matter that is used to fertilize and condition soil. Traditional compost piles need four main ingredients: brown material, green material, oxygen, and water; braid better falls under brown material because it is plant waste.
- If you compost at home, place braid better with your other brown material where it can take up to 6 months to fully break down depending on your region.
- Yard waste pickups get composted by your city government. If this is available to you, place braid better with your other yard waste. Visit your local government's website for information on where to compost in your area.
Missing something? Email us at email@example.com